Sunday, May 07, 2006

Patch of bug 17204 still pending

There has been that nasty issue when the MySQL server (both 5.0 and 5.1) crashed when certain Stored Procedures were executed several times. Giuseppe Maxia, Beat Vontobel, Roland Bouman and I experimented with a Stored Procedure that should retrieve foreign key dependencies out of information_schema - that's when we found this issue and reported it as bug 17204 - that was in February.

Now there's a patch pending for this bug since March, 29th, but it still hasn't found its way into the source and the bug still exists in MySQL versions 5.0.21 and 5.1.9.

I'm afraid that this issue has somehow been forgotten (I also asked in the bug report recently and got no answer) - does anybody know more about it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcus!

No it is not forgotten. It sits in my review queue and I should come to it fairly soon. BTW the version of patch which was commited on 29 of March solved only part of problems, that is why it was rejected and new patch was commited in the end of April.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcus!

Not it is not forgotten. It sits in my review queue so I should come to it fairly soon. BTW the patch from the 29th of March
was solving only part of the problems that is why it was rejected and new version was commited at the end of April.