Friday, February 10, 2006

Logging into database tables available in MySQL 5.1.6

I just received an email notification stating that the "Logging into database table" feature as of my Feature Request 12304 has been pushed into MySQL 5.1.6.

If I got that right, there will be two new tables in the mysql schema - "slow_log" and "general_log". You will have the choice whether to store log information in the file system, like you were used to - or to store them inside these new tables.

Together with the new Event Scheduling Feature (which can perfectly play together with the new logging feature - as I already wrote about in an earlier article), MySQL 5.1.6 will provide very interesting new features - I'm very much looking forward to testing them.

1 comment:

Markus Popp said...

I'm not sure, but I'm afraid not, as it will probably require a change in the my.cnf file and therefore need a restart to take effect.