Tuesday, January 03, 2006

PostgreSQL's MySQL compatibility functions

Yesterday I complained about PostgreSQL's lack of the GROUP_CONCAT function, today I received a mail from Christopher Kings-Lynne with the solution: the mysqlcompat functions, which can be found at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysqlcompat/.

Besides an implementation of GROUP_CONCAT (not very equal to MySQL's implementation, but similar), there are many other functions that we are used to from MySQL. I installed the functions and tested the GROUP_CONCAT function and it allowed me to solve my problem without any pain. So for everyone who's used to work with MySQL and has to do some work with PostgreSQL, it's good to know that this collection of functions (in total there are 158 functions, including all the different overloading variants) exists.

No comments: